Saturday, June 12, 2010

Birthday Party and Fried Grasshoppers

Today I woke up (at 8 am) not feeling well -- migrane and upset stomach -- so I was not able to go soulwining this morning, as Keila sent me back to bed to rest. When I woke up about 11:30 I was feeling much better, just a slight headache.

We went to the Tracht's house (another missionary family) for a birthday party. When we got there, Mrs. Cheri Tracht said that Anete, PastorRobert's wife, had a surprise for me out on the veranda. I went out there to see what it was -- she had cooked fried grasshoppers just for me. She was taking off the legs and the wings so I could eat them. They did not taste as bad as I thought they would -- kinda like sunflower seeds. Anyway I did not have my camera with me but I wanted proof that I ate them so the Tracht's took pictures -- I am waiting for them to e-mail them to me and then I will post them.

Right now, Keila is making milkshakes for us, Matt is watching "Facing the Giants," and the kids are sleeping.

It has been a long, but good day :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey ... we're still waiting for "proof" you actually ate the grasshoppers!!

    Love YA
    Mom, 2Cs, & Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm still waiting for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete